The NSLS is the nation’s largest leadership honor society. Students are selected by their college for membership based on either academic standing or leadership potential. Candidacy is a nationally recognized achievement of honorable distinction. With 656 chapters, the NSLS currently has 1,028,721 members nationwide.
In addition to honorable distinction, the NSLS provides a step-by-step program for members to build their leadership skills through participation at their campus or online. Upon completion of the program, members receive their leadership certificate and take their place among the top student leaders at their campus and across the country. Members are able to list their affiliation on all statements of personal accomplishment, including their resume.
Membership is for life and provides access to benefits including scholarships and awards, exclusive on-campus events, employer recruitment through an online job bank, and discounts on computers, textbooks, grad school prep courses, insurance and much more.
A FORCE FOR GOOD AWARD
I decided to go with this grant because the only requirement for the grant was volunteer community service hours which is somewhat of a specialty to me.
Since our inception, NSLS members have been “a force for good,” dedicating over a quarter-million hours to community service. The A Force for Good Award rewards our chapters for the community service work they have done over the course of one year.
- $1,400 toward chapter dues
- Number of Recipients: 5
- Chapter must be in good standing having been given credit for at least six pillars
- Letter of recommendation from Chapter Advisor
- Completed online application.
- Copy of most current transcript.
- Maximum three (3) page project summary (12 pt. font, double-spaced) or VIDEO (no longer than three minutes) that answers the following:
- What is the motivation behind your desire to give back to the community?
- What community service projects did your chapter work on this year?
- How did your community service positively impact others?
- If submitting a video, you must provide a YouTube link (public or unlisted) in the “YouTube” section of the online application. Cell phone video is perfectly acceptable.
- Minimum of 5 photos of your service, 1.7 MB each
- Minimum of 5 videos of your service, (maximum 90 seconds for each video). Cell phone video is perfectly acceptable.
- One letter of recommendation from academic or professional references.
- High resolution photos of your E-Board AND chapter, 300KB or larger.
- Provide us with all social media outlets: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook.
|Term Dates||Spring: February 11th – April 5th|
|Deadline||April 5th, 2019|
|Announcement||May 11th, 2019|